There are a range of tools you might want to use for working with your open government data over during GovHack NZ 2016. We encourage you to have at look at these before the weekend, to get a sense of what you can do and how you might like to do it!
Each of the first three tools is available through one of our sponsors – huge thanks!
Qlik® Sense Desktop
Qlik® Sense Desktop is a Windows application that gives individuals the power to create personalized, interactive data visualizations, reports and dashboards from multiple data sources with drag-and-drop ease.
Discover more insights in your data in just 5 minutes.
- Free for personal and internal business use.
- Drag-and-drop app creation and data loading.
- Multi-data source integration.
- Installed Windows application.
Bluemix enables people to quickly and easily make, deploy, and manage software on the cloud.
BlueMix is an implementation of IBM’s Open Cloud Architecture based on Cloud Foundry, an open source Platform as a Service (PaaS).
For those with the confidence to set up their own servers and get their apps going.
The Catalyst Cloud service will be free for GovHack NZ 2016 participants – each participant will get a card with login information at the event.
You might also enjoy using:
- for data analytics and visualisation
- CARTO (open source)
- for geospatial (location-based) visualisation and analysis
- OpenStreetMap (open source)
- for geospatial (location-based) visualisation
- Gephi (open source)
- for graph and network visualisation
- Trifacta Wrangler
- for data cleanup and preparation